Thank you for your interest in the OnRamp Fellowship!
We are excited to announce that the OnRamp Fellowship has been relaunched! OnRamp 200 is a collective, legal industry movement to bring 200 women lawyers-returning to the profession after extended hiatuses-back into the law by 2025!
The OnRamp Fellowship is a re-entry platform that matches experienced lawyers returning to the workforce with law firms and legal departments in the U.S. for year-long paid positions. Our goal with OnRamp Fellowship is to offer lawyer returners the opportunity to demonstrate their value in the marketplace and broaden their experience, skills, and contacts. We match each Fellow with a professional career coach, coordinate monthly Fellow cohort meetings, and offer access to online legal training platforms. We also hold periodic OnRamp Fellow training and professional development events.
Several law firms and legal departments are currently recruiting OnRamp candidates for Fellowship positions, including the four founding Move the Needle Fund law firms—Eversheds Sutherland (US), Nixon Peabody, Orrick, and Stoel Rives—which have made historic commitments to boosting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Click here for full list of opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for an OnRamp Fellowship at these organizations, you must submit an application through the program. Applications submitted through an organization's website will not be considered as part of the OnRamp program.
How to Apply
- You will need to create a free Submittable account, or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials in order to submit these forms.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission.
- Our platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please ensure you are using a supported browser.
- You can download Firefox by following the instructions linked here.
- You can download Chrome by following the instructions linked here.
We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to allow notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly. Check out the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions here.
For additional eligibility information, please click "Guidelines" below.
Thank you for your interest in applying for an OnRamp Fellowship position. Please see the following important eligbility information.
Lawyers interested in applying to the OnRamp Fellowship should meet all of the following criteria:
- Have at least three years of full-time, post-licensure legal practice experience at one or more mid-sized to large legal organizations;
- Have taken a hiatus from the practice of law for at least two consecutive years — defined as being unemployed, working outside of the legal profession, or being underemployed in a non-legal or temporary/contract legal role; and
- Have an active license to practice law in the U.S. (Law firm applicants must be licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction where they plan to apply for a Fellowship. Legal department applicants can be licensed to practice law in any jurisdiction unless the posting indicates otherwise).
Please note: Since one goal of the Fellowship is to increase the number of returning lawyers in leadership roles, applicants should have a strong interest in advancing within a law firm or legal department.
If you meet these requirements, please proceed to the first step in the application process listed below.
Thank you for creating a free Submittable account to start the application form. Creating your account, which included setting up a username and password, will allow you to save and return to your application form as needed throughout the process. The form will likely take 30-45 minutes to complete. You will be asked for information on your schooling, work history, background, professional references, future career aspirations, and to submit a current resume.
Please note that you will be asked to provide the email addresses for two professional references when completing the application so we suggest you contact your potential references prior to beginning your application. We suggest including references who directly supervised you or worked with you in either paid or volunteer legal roles. Upon submission of your application, references will be automatically contacted and asked to complete a 5-minute survey which will be returned confidentially to the OnRamp Fellowship Director.
After you have submitted your application form, a Fellowship representative will contact you within two to three business days to confirm receipt of your completed application and inform you of next steps.
Overview of Next Steps & Important Notes:
(1) This form is the first step in the OnRamp application process. Other steps include completing the online skills and writing assessments (US $175 fee for assessments paid by the applicant), as well as participating in one to two interview meetings.
Please note: The skills and writing assessments are an essential component of the application process; they provide us (and you) with in-depth information about your skills, so we can better understand your strengths. You will receive a comprehensive multi-page report with your results as well as developmental tips to assist in your career development efforts.
(2) Completing the application process does not guarantee an offer or employment with any of the organizations participating in the Fellowship.
(3) Law firm applicants must be admitted to the state bar in the jurisdiction in which they are seeking a Fellowship position. Legal department applicants can be licensed to practice law in any jurisdiction.
Please contact Michelle Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thank you for applying!